Hey guys! A DELICIOUS new and simple recipe for you today! One of my go-to tapas dishes, Gambas Pil Pil. Tasty prawns cooked in a chilli, garlic and paprika olive oil served with warm crusty bread for dipping. Tapas heaven!
This is a very simple and quick dish made perfectly for sharing. Tapas is one of my favourite styles of food and prawns are one of my favourite foods so this is the perfect dish for me! It couldn’t be any easier as I have made this in the oven. The recipe can also be doubled, tripled etc. I used de shelled prawns but I also like to make it with shelled prawns as they always bring so much more flavour.
This recipe uses one full ‘medium spice’ red chilli. This wasn’t spicy at all but feel free to use how much or how little you like. Same goes with garlic, is there ever any rule on how much garlic you can use? My favourite part of this dish is dipping the crusty bread into the garlic and chilli bits in the oil! So tasty!.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy cooking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Gambas Pil Pil!
Gambas Pil Pil
- Tapas dish
- Weighing scales
- Chopping board
- 250 grams Prawns
- 100 mls Olive Oil
- 1 Red Chilli Thinly sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic Thinly sliced
- 1/2 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt & Pepper
- Lemon wedge
- Chopped parsley
- Warm crusty bread
- Preheat your oven 200C/180C Fan.
- In a small dish, add your oil, garlic, chill and paprika. Give that a mix and place in the oven for about 10 minutes or until its all hot and bubbly.
- Carefully remove your dish from the oven then add in your prawns and salt and pepper. Give that a mix until the prawns are coated in the oil then place back in the oven for approximately 8-10 minutes until your prawns are cooked through.
- Once cooked, topped your prawns with a squeeze of fresh lemon and some chopped parsely.
- Serve with warm crusty bread and enjoy!