Hey everyone! You all absolutely loved my last cookie bar recipe so I had to get another one up straight away! They were one of my favourite recipes I had created and I have so many different variations I cannot wait to try! I did a few polls on instagram and Galaxy salted caramel was one of the most requested. This has been one of my go to bars for years! Its so delicious. I am obsessed with anything salted caramel.
These cookie bar recipes are probably one of the easiest recipes on my blog. No fuss at all as they just go straight into the oven. No waiting for them to chill. So your cookie bars will be ready in no time! I love my cookie bars still slightly gooey, but if this isn’t for you just add 5-10 minutes onto your cooking time.
These cookie bars are insane warmed up slightly with some vanilla ice cream, a sprinkle of flakey salt and some extra caramel drizzle. They are an incredible dessert! They will certainly impress a lot of people!
Happy baking guys! <3 Any questions just DM me on Instagram x
Galaxy Salted Caramel Cookie Bars
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 115g Butter
- 100g Light brown sugar
- 60g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg– Large
- 260g Plain flour
- 1 & 1/2 Tablespoons cornflour
- 1/2 a Teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 a Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 a Teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Galaxy Salted Caramel bar (Chopped up)
- 1 Galaxy Salted Caramel bar (Broken into squares)
- Sea salt
- Decoration (Optional)
- 30g Caramel (I used Caranation caramel)
- 30g Milk chocolate
- 9 Galaxy salted caramel pieces
- Place your galaxy bars into the freezer 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat your oven to 190C/ 170C Fan. Grease and line a 8×8 square tin.
- Chop up one Galaxy bar into small pieces and break one galaxy bar into squares.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and egg and combine.
- Sieve in flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda. corn flour and salt.
- Fold in dry ingredients and chopped up galaxy caramel bar very lightly until you have a firm dough.
- Place half of the mixture into your lined dish and flatten down.
- Add a layer of galaxy salted caramel pieces over the cookie dough. (See picture above for reference)
- Add the remaining cookie dough on top and flatten down.
- Sprinkle with sea salt. (Optional)
- Bake for 20-24 minutes. Mine was perfect and slightly gooey at 22 minutes. If you are using a bigger baking tray reduce your cooking time.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Cut up into 9 portions.
- Melt your milk chocolate and drizzle over your portions.
- Drizzle with some caramel and then place a piece of galaxy caramel on top.
- Leave to set until chocolate is firm.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes