Hey everyone! Another simple no bake recipe for you. You guys cant get enough of my Krispie squares recipes. So many different requests and ideas I have myself.
This recipe idea was most popular on my poll I did on Instagram. I love doing these because I want to make recipe that you all really want. So keep your requests coming. Just send me a DM.
These Krispie squares a packed with galaxy chocolate. The base is a mix of marshmallow, butter, galaxy chocolate and galaxy caramel. I chopped up some Galaxy caramel and folded it through the mix before putting it into the tin too. This gave me little pockets of caramel. The base is super soft and gooey. I topped mine with dark chocolate. For contrast and to help with the overall sweetness. You can use whatever you like.
When it comes to decoration you can use whatever you like. I just topped mine with all the Galaxy goodies I could find. I used Cookie crumble, honeycomb, salted caramel, enchanted eggs and minstrels. You can go wild with your decoration with the amount of galaxy products.
Happy baking! Recipe video on my highlights on Instagram <3
Galaxy Overload Krispie Squares
Prep time: 20 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Servings: 9-18 depending on how you cut them.(I made 9 GIANT squares)
- 175g Butter
- 200g Marshmallows
- 200g Rice krispies
- 113g Bar Galaxy Chocolate (1 Sharing size bar)
- 335g Galaxy Caramel ( 2 + 1/2 Sharing size bar)
- 300g Chocolate (Any)
- Optional decoration
- You favourite Galaxy bars
- Weigh out all of your ingredients and line your 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler melt your butter, galaxy chocolate bar and 1 + 1/2 bars of Galaxy caramel. Chop up the 1 remaining bar of caramel and have ready to fold in.
- Once the butter and chocolate is nearly melted, add in your marshmallow.
- Keep mixing until you have a thick and smooth mixture. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Take off the heat and quickly mix in your Rice Krispies until fully incorporated. Work fast as they set up quite quickly.
- Fold in your chopped up caramel bar then place mixture into your tin. Flatten down evenly. I used a spatula.
- Leave to set for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Melt your chocolate and pour over Rice Krispie mix.
- Smooth out evenly and decorate with more Galaxy if you like.
- Set in the fridge for about 1 hour until firm.
- Cut into portions with a hot knife.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes