Hey everyone! I was craving a pizza last night which lead me to creating this recipe. Its probably the easiest pizza I have ever made and 100% the tastiest.
The dough recipe is super simple and quick. Just a handful of ingredients. The topping is all down to your preference. You can create anything! I made a chorizo, sun-dried tomato and red onion pizza. I wanted something quick and fast with the ingredients I had in my fridge.I also made a delicious garlic pizza bread. So have some fun and be creative!
Frying pan pizza gives you a beautiful crispy crust without using a pizza oven or stone. You roll out your dough, place it on a super hot pan and make up your pizza while the base is cooking. Then throw it in a super hot grill and your pizza is done in a few minutes. So easy!
When it came to my toppings I just used whatever I had in my kitchen. So use any type of ingredients you like. For my sauce base I just used a Ballymaloe Tomato pasta sauce. It was so tasty! I also used a bag of Dubliner mix grated cheese and some parmesan. Anything you use will be delicious!
Frying Pan Pizza
Prep time: 25 minutes
Rise time: 60 minutes
Servings: 3 Large pizzas
- 500g White Flour (I used strong flour but plain flour will work)
- 300ml Warm Water
- 7g Dry yeast
- 2 Tablespoons Olive oil
- 2 Teaspoons Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- Your Preferred Toppings
- Add your flour, salt, yeast, sugar into a mixing bowl. Make a well and add in your warm water and olive oil.
- If you are using a stand mixer use a dough hook and knead for about 8-10 minutes until dough comes together and your finger print springs back.
- If you are using your hands, Bring the dough together in a bowl then place onto a floured surface and knead for about 10-15 minutes until you form a nice ball and your finger print springs back.
- Place your dough into a lightly oil bowl. Cover with cling film and let rise till doubled in size. This will take about an hour.
- Once you are ready to start making your pizza. Turn your grill on to its hottest setting and place a pan on a high heat.
- Have all of your ingredients prepared and ready to go.
- Removed dough from your bowl onto a floured surface and portion into 3 equal balls.
- Roll out into your pizza shape and place into your super hot pan.
- Dress your pizza in the pan while the base is browning.
- You can keep an eye on it by using a spatula to slightly lift it up. Mine took about 2 minutes.
- Once you have a nice crisp base and your pizza is dressed. Place it in your hot grill.
- This will only take a few minutes to cook so keep and eye on it.
- Remove your pizza when its a crisp and brown. Don’t forget your pan is super hot! Use a tea towel!!
- Repeat with your other pizzas.
- Take a snap to make everyone jealous.Enjoy!!
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes