Hello guys! Welcome to my blog and my first recipe post.
This is a super simple recipe with very little prep time. They are made with my go to chocolate fudge cake recipe with some added flavorings. I base all my chocolate cake recipes around this recipe, it’s so versatile.
I did a center core to replicate the ferrero filling which includes the iconic Nutella and some whole hazelnuts. I did a yummy whipped chocolate ganache as my frosting with ferrero chocolate on top. Simple but such a show stopper for any event.
This recipe will make 12 cupcakes so you are welcome to double or half the recipe depending on what you are looking for!
Ferrero Rocher Chocolate Cupcakes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20-22 minutes
- 113g Dark chocolate
- 113g Unsalted butter
- 85g Plain flour
- 15g Cocoa powder
- Half teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8th of a teaspoon Bicarbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee dissolved in 60ml of boiling water
- 100g of caster sugar
- 100g of light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 40ml of buttermilk
- Hazelnut flavoring (I use 10 drops of- https://www.foodieflavours.com/shop/flavours/natural-flavouring/hazelnut/)
- 100g Nutella
- 50g Hazelnuts
- 250g Dark chocolate
- 250g Fresh cream
- Hazelnut flavoring (I used 5 drops of- https://www.foodieflavours.com/shop/flavours/natural-flavouring/hazelnut/)
- 12 Ferreros
- Preheat oven to 180C/160CFan and get your 12 cupcake tin lined with your desired cupcake cases.
- Melt Dark chocolate and butter together in a double boiler.
- While chocolate mixture is melting sieve all dry ingredients (Flour,cocoa,baking powder and Bicarbonate) into a bowl.
- Add in caster sugar and brown sugar to the dry ingredients and mix.
- In a separate bowl, Mix together the buttermilk, flavoring and eggs.
- Remove chocolate mixture and stir in coffee.
- Now it’s time to incorporate both of your wet ingredients with your dry ingredients (Be careful not to overmix as this will result in a dense cake).
- Once combined, scoop mix into cupcake cases evenly. An ice-cream scoop is ideal for this! Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes and then leave to cool.
- To make the ganache, Heat up cream in a saucepan until sides start to bubble. Pour cream in a bowl with the chocolate and how much hazelnut flavoring you wish and combine till melted. Leave to cool until stiff but moveable.
- Now that the cakes are cool with want to core them. I use a cupcake corer but an apple corer or knife will do the trick. Fill up each cupcake with nutella and hazelnuts.
- Once ganache is set, Use a electric whisk and mix until you see it lightening in colour. This will only take a couple of seconds.
- Fill up your piping bag with a piping nozzle.(I used a Wilton 1m). Pipe on ganache and top with a ferreros.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes