Hello everyone! Ferrero Energy balls for you today. These are a vegan chocolate and hazelnut flavoured energy ball. Packed with hazelnuts, oats, cocoa and dates. Such a delicious on the go snack that feels very bold! They are the perfect healthy snack!
These are very simple to make and they are absolutely delicious! You can play around and use any nut version you like. This combo is sooo good though! Feel free to leave out the chocolate coating if you want them even healthier or coat them in a milk chocolate instead. These chocolate and hazelnut energy balls can easily be made gluten free by using gluten free oats.
I used maple syrup in these Ferrero energy balls but this can be substituted for a syrup. Eg. Honey, agave, golden syrup. You could also add in some vanilla extract to the mix to add another layer of flavour.
Make sure you use a good food processor when making these energy balls. You will need one with a good bit of power so you can break down the nuts and dates to a smooth paste. Unfortunately you won’t be able to make these by hand. I used my nutri-bullet which worked amazing. If you want to roast off your hazelnuts before hand you can. This will intensify the chocolate and hazelnut flavour for your delicious healthy snacks!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these! Also, check out my facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
”Ferrero” Energy balls
- Food processor
- Baking paper
- Weighing scales
- 100 grams Dates
- 100 grams Blanched hazelnuts Roasted for extra flavour (Optional)
- 25 grams Cocoa powder
- 45 grams Oats (Gluten free oats optional)
- Pinch salt
- 30 grams Maple/Honey/Agave syrup (Any of these)
- 200 grams Dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp Chopped hazelnuts
- Soak your dates in hot water for about 10 minutes then drain then.
- Add your hazelnuts to a food processor and blitz till you have a nut butter.
- Add in your drained dates and syrup and blitz till smooth.
- Next, put your oats,salt and cocoa powder into the food processor and blitz till you have a consistent texture.
- Add your mixture into a bowl then mould into 18 small balls placing a whole hazelnut in the center of each ball. Place onto parchment and chill for 30 minutes. (My balls were about 16g each)
- Melt your chocolate then mix through your chopped hazelnuts .
- Dip your energy balls into the chocolate and coat them, place back on your parchment then set in the fridge until firm.
- Enjoy your delicous energy balls.
- You can substitute the hazelnuts for any other nut you like in this recipe.
- I made these with Dark chocolate to make them vegan but you can use milk chocolate if you like. Or no coating at all.
- If you want to make these gluten free use gluten free oats.
- These will last for ages in an airtight container, 1 week+
- I used this nutri-bullet to make these- NUTRiBULLET 600 Series
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales
- I used this Cocoa powder *- Cadbury Dairy Milk Bournville Cocoa, 125g
*I earn a small amount of money if you buy products after clicking these links. You will not be charged extra. Thank you, Gill x (AF with Amazon)
Check out my Tiktok recipe video here – https://www.tiktok.com/@gills_bakesandcakes/video/6948350622668197125?lang=en&is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes