Hey guys! A tasty tasty treat for you today. Cacio E Pepe, the most simple and delicious pasta dish you can whip up in a matter of minutes! Creamy, Cheesy, Pasta goodness!
This is definitely one of my go-to dishes for a quick and delicious pasta fix. I ADORE pastas, Pasta is my top favourite food so you will always get some tasty pasta dishes this way! Cacio E Pepe is definitely know for that simple ‘Cheese and Pepper’ based pasta with literally 4 ingredients. Its just amazing how you can make such a tasty speedy dish this fast.
Cacio E Pepe dish is actually from the cuisine of the city of Rome and traditionally use Pecorino cheese but I used Parmesan as its easily accessible. If you find Pecorino, Happy days! I tried to base all my dishes that are accessible for all my followers wether it be with ingredients that are easy to find or equipment most people have at home.
Feel free to use any type of pasta shape you like and even double or triple this recipe to whatever suits you. Personally, I would go for freshly cracked black pepper in this recipe as the flavour is so much better then pre cracked, but use what you have.
If you are a fan of Pasta like myself I will link some of my favourites I have created in this blog below!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy cooking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Cacio E Pepe!
Cacio E Pepe
- Medium pot
- Frying pan
- Weighing scales
- 200 grams Pasta I used spaghetti
- 1 tsp Cracked black pepper Fresh is best!
- 250 ml Reserved pasta water
- 60 grams Butter
- 60 grams Parmesan or Pecorino
- Cook your pasta in water that just covers the pasta (This gives you concentrated starchy water) Cook until al dente and reserve that pasta water!
- While your pasta is cooking toast your black pepper in a pan.
- Add in your butter and let melt completely.
- Add in 200mls of your pasta water and mix.
- Next, place in your drained al dente pasta and mix.
- Turn of the heat on your pan.
- In 3 batches add in your grated cheese while mixing in between. This will give you a creamy cheese sauce. Add in more pasta water if needed to give you a silky sauce consistency.
- Plate up and top with more grated cheese and cracked black pepper.