Hey guys! A delicious fakeaway style dish for today! Crispy Sesame Chicken, A tasty crispy chicken coated in a sticky sweet sesame sauce. Fakeaway favourite of mine!
I am a huge lover of an air fryer recipe and this is definitely a tasty one. This dish can be made in the oven too so don’t worry if you haven’t got an air fryer. It just might take a little longer in the oven. Feel free to also add any veggies or use different meats in this to suit whatever you may have or like.
I served my crispy chicken over rice but this can be made as a chicken bite snack or served over noodles or a salad, all up to you! I use panic breadcrumbs to coat my chicken but use whatever breadcrumbs you like, I am a big fan of the paxo golden breadcrumbs too!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy cooking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Cookies & Cream Traybake Cake.
Crispy Sesame Chicken
- Airfryer or oven
- Weighing scales
- Chopping board
- Frying pan
- 2 Chicken breasts Diced
- 150 grams Plain flour
- 200 grams Milk
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp Ground corriander
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 75 grams Breadcrumbs Approximately
- 75 grams Sweet Chilli sauce
- 30 grams Sesame Oil
- 55 grams Ketchup
- 60 grams Soy sauce
- 20 grams Rice wine vinegar
- 50 grams Honey
- 5 grams Toasted Sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp 5 spice powder
- 1/2 Red chilli
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 10 grams Ginger
- In a bowl add all your ingredients for the batter except for the Chicken, mix until your form a smooth batter. Add in your diced chicken and coat.
- In a small bowl add your panko breadcrumbs, dip each piece of chicken into the breadcrumbs then place in an air fryer.
- Spray your chicken pieces with some spray oil then place in an air fryer to cook at 180C until cooked through and crispy.
- While your chicken is cooking we can make our sauce base. Add all your sauce ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined.
- In a frying pan add a drop of oil and your chilli, garlic and ginger and fry until fragrant. Add in your sauce mix and cook until thicken slightly and sticky.
- Add in your crispy chicken and gently coat in the sticky sauce.
- I served my chicken over rice with some extra sesame on top, chillis and spring onions. Serve however you like!