Hey everyone! You are all loving these simple, few ingredients bakes. I am a big fan of this recipe. Crispy M&M’s are definitely one of my favourite treats. I thought they would work perfectly with my Mars bar squares, oh and did they!! Creamy, chewy and crispy heaven!
These Mars bar squares are probably the easiest bake on my page and probably one of my favourites. So indulgent with little effort. Decorating was my favourite part!
A great tip for flattening down your mix is to use wet hands. This helps the rice not stick to you.
You could change these up and use some your favourite type of M&M. Peanut, caramel or pretzel M&M’s would be sooo good! Or a mix!
Any requests for simple bakes just send them on to me through the comments or on Instagram. Happy Baking!
Crispy M&M Mars Bar Squares
Prep time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings: 9-18 depending on how you cut them.(I made 9 GIANT squares)
- 200g Butter
- 500g Mars bars
- 200g Rice krispies
- 350g Chocolate
- 2 or 3 bags of crispy M&M’s
- Weigh out all of your ingredients and line your 9×9 baking dish.
- In a double boiler melt your butter and Mars bars until smooth.
- Take off the heat and quickly mix in your Rice Krispies until fully incorporated. Work fast as they set up quite quickly.
- Add 1/3 of the mix into your baking dish and sprinkle with M&M’s.
- Once all your mix is in your dish, flatten down evenly.
- Leave to set for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Melt your chocolate and pour over Rice Krispie mix.
- Smooth out evenly and decorate with more M&M’s.
- Set in the fridge for about 1 hour until firm.
- Cut into portions.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes