Hello guys! Creme Egg Brownies… I thought it was time for another Easter recipe and this time I knew it had to be a creme egg recipe. One of the most iconic Easter treats. These are rich and fudgey brownies packed with mini creme eggs and chocolate chips then topped with loads of gooey creme eggs. Heaven in a brownie! Perfect for Easter baking.
Make sure you freeze your mini creme eggs before baking. This helps them hold their shape. Please wait for your brownies to cool before cutting. This will make sure you get a nice and clean cut. I always get asked how do I cut them so well and its literally all down to letting them cool 100%. You can also leave them in the fridge for an extra hour and then cut with a hot knife to get them super sharp and professional looking.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Creme egg recipe ! Also, check out my new facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Creme Egg Brownies
- 8×8 Square tin
- Baking parchment
- Mixing bowl
- 140 grams Unsalted Butter
- 100 grams Dark Chocolate
- 300 grams Caster Sugar
- 60 grams Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 100 grams Plain Flour
- 100 grams Milk Chocolate Chips
- 2 Bags Mini Creme Eggs
- 5 whole Creme Eggs Halved
- Place your mini creme eggs in the freezer one hour before baking.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C Fan and line your 8×8 Square tray.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave.
- Add to a mixing bowl. Whisk in your sugar till smooth.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, then mix in your vanilla and salt.
- Whisk in the sieved flour and cocoa till just combined.
- Fold through your chocolate chips
- Pour half of the mixture into the baking tray. Place your mini creme eggs on top of your mix. (Keep a few for decoration)
- Pour the remainder of the mix on top and smooth out till flat.
- Bake for 32-35 minutes once out of the oven decorate the top of the brownie with halved creme eggs, pushing them into the brownie slightly.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Portion up into 9 servings using a hot knife.
- Enjoy your Easter baking!
CremeEgg Brownie🧡Recipe link in bio #foryourpage #makethisgoviral #trending #viral #fyp #foryou #foryoupage #fy #food #baking #duet #trend #brownies♬ Drive Forever – Remix – Sergio Valentino
- These will last for 4+ days in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Best eaten on day 1 & 2.
- You can use any of your favourite Easter treats in these brownies.
- Please let your brownies cool completely before cutting, this will give you a sharp cut.
- I use a hot sharp to cut my brownies.
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales-Slim Design Electronic Cooking Appliance for Home/Kitchen, Weigh Food up to 5kg Aquatronic for Liquids ml and fl. Oz. 15Yr Guarantee-Silver
- I used this Cocoa powder *- Cadbury Dairy Milk Bournville Cocoa, 125g
- My 8×8 square tin is out of stock but this is a great sub*- Prestige 8 Inch Square Cake Pan, steel, Black
- I use these heat proof spatulas*- Rubbermaid Commercial Products FG1962000000, High-Heat Silicone Spatula, 24 cm, Red Handle
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram! #Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes
One thought on “Creme Egg Brownies”
They look amazing!