Hey guys! Cookies & Cream Traybake Cake for you today. I love a traybake cake recipe as it is just so so easy and this one tastes delicious!! A vanilla cake swirled with crushed Oreos topped with a cookies and cream buttercream and even more crushed Oreos. DELISH!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Cookies & Cream Traybake Cake.
Cookies & Cream Traybake Cake
- 8×8 Tin
- Baking paper
- Weighing scales
- Chopping board
- 200 grams Butter
- 200 grams Caster Sugar
- 200 grams Self raising flour
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 13 Oreos Crushed
- 2 tbsp milk
- 150 grams Unsalted butter
- 6 Oreos Crushed
- 300 grams Icing sugar
- A few tsps Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Crushed Oreos
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 C Fan. Grease and line your 8×8 square tray.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Mix in your vanilla.
- Fold in your sieved flour. The stir through your milk.
- Fold in your crushed Oreos.
- Spoon the mix into your cake tin and smooth down.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake springs bake when you gently press it.
- Leave to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter till pale and fluffy using an electric whisk.
- Whisk in your icing sugar in two batches till fully combined.
- Whisk in your vanilla.
- Whisk in crushed Oreos.
- Whisk in your milk till you get a spreadable consistency. This can always differ so add 1 tsp at a time until you have a silky buttercream.
- Spread your buttercream on top of your cool cake. I did mine nice and rough.
- Decorate however you like. I just added on a load of crushed oreos.
- Slice up and Enjoy!!!
- This cake will last 4+ days in an airtight container at room temp.
- Decorate with anything you like however you like! Crushed oreos, drizzled white and dark chocolate, anything you like!
- If you want to make the base of this cake chocolate flavoured replace 50g of the flour with cocoa powder.