Hey Everyone! Finally another no bake cheesecake recipe after so many requests!! I keep getting requests to make one but I was afraid to make one during lockdown as I would of eaten it all by myself…
This recipe is absolutely delicious. It involves a little more time and work than my normal recipes but it is totally worth it. It is such a show stopper that would be such a lovely dinner party/ birthday party treat that everyone will love. It is super rich and tasty and it will serve a lot of people.
I have gone all out on the decoration but you can 100% skip the ganache drip and buttercream and play around with the decoration yourself. You could simplify this and do your topping whatever way you wish, whether it be whipped cream or nothing at all.
The recipe is pretty straightforward but it takes awhile to set like most cheesecakes. My recipe makes a very big cheesecake (about 16 generous servings) so feel free to reduce your ingredients and make a smaller one. Just make sure to use a smaller springform tin.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3
Cookie Dough Cheesecake
Prep time: 45 minutes
Set time time: 3 Hours
Servings: Approx 16
- 60g Butter
- 50g Light brown sugar
- 30g Caster sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 130g Plain flour
- 50g Chocolate chips
- 380g Chocolate chip cookies
- 65g Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1000g Full fat Cream cheese
- 200g Icing sugar
- 120 ml Double cream
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla
- 150g Chocolate chips
Chocolate Ganache (Optional)
- 100g Dark chocolate
- 100g Fresh cream
Cookie buttercream (Optional)
- 75g Unsalted butter
- 150g Icing sugar
- 1 Crushed chocolate chip cookie
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon milk
- 12 mini cookies for decoration
Step one: Cookie dough
- Place your flour in a heat proof bowl and microwave for about 45 seconds or until it reaches 74C. This is to kill any bacteria since we are not baking it. Leave too cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and milk and combine.
- Sieve in flour.
- Fold in flour and chocolate chips lightly until you have a firm dough.
- Roll up in to various small balls (Size of Peas/chickpeas) and leave in the fridge until firm.
Step two: Cookie Base
- Crush cookies in a bowl or a food processor to a fine crumb.
- Melt butter and add to the mix with the vanilla.
- Press mix into an 8 inch springform tin. Set in the fridge for about 10/15 minutes until solid.
Step three: Cheesecake
- In a big mixing bowl add your cream cheese, cream, vanilla and icing sugar.
- With an electric whisk, mix together till thickened. This won’t take too long at all. Be careful not to over mix or it may become too loose and not set properly.
- Fold in your chocolate chips and cookie dough pieces, Leaving some cookie dough pieces for decorating.
- Put your cheesecake mix on top of your base and with a spatula press the mixture tightly in. My mixture went right up to the top of the pan so I could get a really flat top by smoothing with a palette knife. Smooth out as much as possible.
- Once you are happy with your cheesecake place it in the freezer to set for about 2 and a half hours. I do this so my cheesecake comes out with super crisp edges which looks amazing! Alternatively, leave overnight in the fridge.
Step four: Ganache drip
- Make your ganache 30 minutes before you take your cheesecake out of your tin.
- Add chocolate and cream to a bowl and microwave till melted.
- Leave to cool till room temperature.
- Remove your cheesecake from the freezer.
- Remove from the tin and place on your serving plate. Clean up with a palette knife if needed.
- Using a spoon or a piping bag add the ganache to the top of the cheesecake and let drizzle over the sides. I use a piping bag to create clean drips.
- Place in the fridge to set while you make your buttercream.
Step five: Butter cream & Decoration
- Place soft butter into a mixing bowl. Using an electric hand whisk, whip up until very pale and fluffy. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add icing sugar and mix until incorporated well.
- Mix in your crushed cookie and vanilla.
- Mix in the milk to thin it out of you need to.
- Add to a piping bag.
- Remove your cheesecake from the fridge and pipe 12 swirls on top of your cheesecake.
- Add a mini cookie on top of each swirl.
- Decorate with cookie dough and some more crushed cookies.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes