Hello everyone! A delicious layered brownie for you this weekend! This Brownie envolves three different steps to create this insane little treat. A layer of chocolate chip brownie, chocolate chip cookie dough and a soft velvety chocolate ganache, heaven!!
This recipe is pretty straight forward and very simple to make. You can play around with the different chocolate chips you use. White chocolate chips would be delicious! Feel free to leave out a certain layer if you wish. These would work amazing with or without the ganache layer. Or if you want to leave out the cookie dough and make ganache brownies, go for it!
I use a 8×8 square baking dish greased and lined with parchment paper. I leave some of the parchment over the sides of the dish so I have a handle to lift out my bake once set. I create to long strips that fit into my dish to cross over and fit neatly into my dish. This creates super sharp sides. Another tip I always share is to cut my bakes with a hot sharp knife. This is how I get my super sharp edges.
Decorate the top of your bake with anything you like. I used some chocolate chips. You could use anything ect. Fudge pieces, smarties, m&m’s. So many different ways you can make you bakes look and taste fantastic.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3
Cookie Dough Brownies
Prep time: 40 minutes
Set time time: 3-5 Hours
Servings: Approx 16
- 145g Butter
- 300g Caster Sugar
- 75g Cocoa
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggs
- 65g Plain flour
- 150g Chocolate chips
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 90g Butter
- 75g Light brown sugar
- 45g Caster sugar
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 195g Plain flour
- 100g Chocolate chips
- Pinch of salt
- 275g Dark chocolate chips
- 175ml Cream
- 50g Chocolate chips (Optional decoration)
Step one: Brownies
- Preheat oven to 180C/ 160C (Fan) and line 8×8 square tray.
- Melt butter in microwave.
- In a mixing bowl add sugar and melted butter and whisk till smooth.
- Next, whisk one egg at a time into the mixture.
- Whisk in vanilla and salt.
- Add sieved flour and cocoa powder into mix and fold everything together just until it’s combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Add to your baking try and smooth out as flat as possible.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. (You may see some melted chocolate on the toothpick) I go for a fully baked brownie as it is a layered dessert and needs the support.
- Remove brownies from the oven and put on a cooling rack. Cool completely.
Step two: Cookie dough
- Place your flour in a heat proof bowl and microwave for about 1 minute or until it reaches 74C. This is to kill any bacteria since we are not baking it. Leave too cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and water and combine.
- Sieve in flour.
- Fold in flour and chocolate chips lightly until you have a firm dough.
- Once your brownie is cool, gently layer your cookie dough on top of the brownie. Smooth out using a palette knife or spoon until completely flat and level.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Step three: Ganache
- In a heatproof bowl, add your dark chocolate chips and cream.
- Microwave in 30 second blasts until melted. This won’t take long.
- Once melted, mix until smooth.
- Remove brownies from the fridge and pour ganache on top of your two layers.
- To get a nice smooth top wiggle your baking dish and slightly tap on a flat surface.
- Optional- Sprinkle ganache with chocolate chips.
- Place tray into the fridge for at least 3 hours to set. I left mine overnight to make sure the ganache set well.
- Portion into how many servings you wish. I made 16 big pieces.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes