Hey guys! A simple and delicious bake for you today, Coffee Loaf Cake! A brown sugar sponge flavoured with coffee then topped with a silky coffee buttercream and walnuts.
These loaf cakes are such a beautiful and easy bake that is a perfect celebration bake or if you’re just looking for a treat. Slices up into portions straight away and looks incredible. You can play around with the decorations if you like or even pipe on your buttercream.
I used a 1 and a half pound loaf tin to make this recipe but it will work in any size tin! Feel free to even make this recipe into cupcakes and bake them for approximately 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Coffee Loaf Cake.
Coffee Loaf Cake
- Loaf tin
- Weighing scales
- Baking paper
- Electric whisk
- 175 grams Butter
- 175 grams Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 175 grams Self raising flour
- 2 tbsp Coffee granules dissolved in 2 tbsp hot water
- 125 grams Butter
- 250 grams Icing sugar
- A few tsp espresso Add to your preferred coffee strength
- Walnuts Optional
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 C Fan. Grease your loaf tin and line with parchment.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Add in your sieved flour and mix till combined.
- Add in your coffee and mix.
- Put cake mix into your loaf tin and bake for 50-55 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter till pale and fluffy using an electric whisk.
- Whisk in your icing sugar in 3 small batches until fully combined.
- Whisk in your espresso till you have a silky buttercream then spread this on top of your cooled loaf cake.
- Decorate with some walnuts if you like.