Hello everyone! Coffee and Caramel Slice for you today! A super easy recipe that takes little to no effort! Buttery flakey pastry layered with whipped cream and caramel, topped with an espresso chocolate icing!
This coffee slice recipe is in collaboration with De Longhi Ireland, I use there La specialista machine and I am in LOVE with it, its unbelievable! Keep your eyes peeled for something veeeeery exciting coming your way in 2 weeks time! COLLAB.
There is a few ways you can change up this recipe if you like. If you want to make bigger coffee slice feel free to do that! If you want a more classic coffee slice you could do raspberry jam instead of caramel. Or you can just do them as a single layer slice. I loved this double layer mille fullie vibe. They were so delicate and absolutely stunning!
I used Bonne Maman Hazelnut praline caramel in the centre of my cream slice. You can use any caramel you like at all! Carnation caramel would be a great option either, or a home made one! You could use anything in these at all. If your not a coffee fan you could definitely leave it out and use water for the icing instead. So play around with your flavours and styles, this coffee slice couldn’t be an easier bake!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this cream slice ! Also, check out my facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Coffee and Caramel Slice
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Piping bags
- Electric whisk
- 1 Sheet Puff pastry (280g)
- 150 grams Icing sugar
- 3-5 tsp Espresso coffee
- 15 grams Chocolate
- 300 mls Double cream
- 2 tbsp Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3 tbsp Caramel I used Bonne maman caramel
- Preheat your oven to 200C/180C Fan. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove your puff pastry from the fridge 10 minutes before using.
- Roll out your puff pastry and cut dow the center to give you two long strips.
- Cut each half into 9 x 4cm strips. If you are unsure just check my Instagram reel!
- Place your strips onto a baking tray with a few cm gap between each then prick with a fork, then place another sheet of baking paper on top then another baking tray on top to stop the pasrty from puffing up.
- You may need to do two rounds if you havent got many baking trays.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden brown. Leave to cool completely.
- Make an espresso then set aside to cool.
- Melt you chocolate and set aside.
- In a small bowl add your icing sugar, add in the espresso 1 tsp at a time until you get a thick but runny icing.
- Using a spoon of a piping bag top 6 of the pastry sheets with a layer of icing. I used a piping bag to make it a little neater.
- Using a spoon or piping bag drizzle lines of chocolate on top of the icing then feather it using a toothpick.
- Leave to hearden for about 20 minutes.
- Whip up your cream, sugar and vanilla till nice and thick.
- Using a piping bag or spoon, add a layer of cream to one of your pastry sheets. Drizzle on some of your caramel down the center.
- Add on another layer of pastry then repeat with the cream and caramel.
- Place an icing topped pastry sheet on top and volia!
- Repeat with the rest of your ingedients until you have 6 delicious coffee cream slices!
- Keep refrigerated !
- Enjoy! (Best eaten on day of making)
- These are best eaten on day of making.
- Please keep refrigerated.
- I decorated mine using piping bags, feel free to use spoons. It won’t be as neat but it will taste the same!
- If you like a more traditional coffee slice you could use jam instead of caramel.
- Feel free to make these bigger and make 4 coffee slices.
- If you don’t like coffee you can simply substitute the espresso for water.
- I use these piping bags*- 100 Pcs Piping Bags Disposable Pastry Bag Baking Cream Bag
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales-Slim Design Electronic Cooking Appliance for Home/Kitchen, Weigh Food up to 5kg Aquatronic for Liquids ml and fl. Oz. 15Yr Guarantee-Silver
- I used this baking tray *- Baking Tray Twin Pack, British Made with Teflon Non Stick by Lets Cook Cookware
- Stainless steel prep bowls*-Premium Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 5) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl Set – Easy to Clean, Nesting Bowls for Space Saving Storage, Great for Cooking, Baking, Prepping
If you make this Coffee Slice recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram! #gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes