Hey guys! So todays new recipe is Cinnamon Roll Biscuits! A buttery biscuit swirled with a cinnamon roll filling topped with a sweet vanilla icing. A cinnamon lovers DREAM!
This batch makes about 25 small biscuits but trust me you will want to make them all! You could cook half of them and then even freeze half of the dough but these will disappear so past if you are a cinnamon fan!
Check out these step by step pictures to help you along! I will also be uploading a video to my Instagram!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these Cinnamon Roll Biscuits !
Cinnamon Roll Biscuits
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Electric whisk
- Rolling Pin
- 180 grams Plain Flour
- 15 grams Cornflour
- 90 grams Butter
- 1 Egg Small
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 75 grams Caster Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 30 grams Caster Sugar
- 20 grams Butter
- 4 tbsp Icing sugar
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- Water (A few drops till pipeable)
- In a bowl, Cream your butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Add in your egg and Vanilla and combine.
- Mix through your flour, cornflour and cinnamon until you have a dough.
- Cover and place in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Lets make the filling! Slightly heat your butter until nearly melted then mix in your sugar and cinnamon till combined. Set aside.
- Take your dough out from the fridge and roll out into a rectangle about 1cm thick and 12 x 9 inch.
- Spread your filling evenly over your cookie dough.
- Roll up your cookie dough from the longer size into a tight log. Place on a lined tray and chill in the fridge until solid (About 30 minutes)
- Preheat your oven to 200C/ 180C Fan. Line 2 baking trays.
- Once chilled, slice up into your biscuits and place on your baking trays. I made about 25 biscuits.
- Bake your biscuits 12-14 minutes until slightly golden. Leave to cool completely.
- In a small bowl add in your icing sugar and vanilla. Mix in water drop at a time till your have a nice pipable consistency.
- Drizzle your icing over your biscuits then leave to set until hardened.
- These will last 5+ days in an airtight container at room temp.
- You can half this recipe if you like as it makes loads. Just mix up your egg and use half of it. Trust me though, you want to make the whole batch!
- Feel free to leave out the drizzle.
- I used this baking tray *- Baking Tray Twin Pack
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales
- Stainless steel prep bowls*-Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- I use these heat proof spatulas*- High-Heat Silicone Spatula
If you make this biscuit recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram! #Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes (PS. If you are on private I will not see so send me on some snaps <3 )