Hey guys! Homemade sausage rolls A super delicious savoury recipe for your today! A Christmas dinner inspired sausage roll with ALL the trimmings. Serve with a gravy dip and you have bite sized Christmas dinners! HEAVEN! These are ridiculously easy using a handful of ingredients.
This Homemade Sausage Rolls will definitely be a crowd pleaser and something you will want to bake again and again. Perfect for any Christmas occasions you may have, they are an ideal finger food. If you want to use any left over turkey instead just chop it up very small and use and extra egg to help bind the mix if needed. If you don’t like any of the ingredients eg. brie swap it out for a different cheese.
I used the pact brand sage and onion dried stuffing mix but use what flavour you like. I found the dried mix helps retain the moisture that comes out from the turkey as it cooks. Also that added flavour helps big time!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! Check out my reel on Instagram making these homemade Christmas Rolls.
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Pastry brush
- 1 pack Ready roll puff pastry
- 400 grams Turkey Mince
- 4 Streaky Rashers Chopped up small
- 75 grams Dried stuffing mix I used Paxo Sage & Onion
- 1 Egg Beaten
- Handful chopped fresh sage Or dried
- Cracked Black pepper
- 4 tbsp Cranberry sauce
- 80 grams Thinly sliced Brie
- Dried sage
- Gravy Optional Dip
- 1 Egg For egg wash
- Preheat your oven to 200C/ 180C Fan. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a bowl mix together your turkey, bacon, stuffing, egg, sage and pepper until well combined.
- Roll out your ready roll puff pastry and cut in half into two long strips.
- Down the centre of each strip spread on some cranberry sauce.
- Mould your turkey mix into two long rolls then place down the centre of each of your pastry sections on top of the cranberry.
- Place some thinly slice brie on top of the turkey.
- Brush one side on the pastry on each strip with egg wash
- Fold pastry over and seal the edges with a fork. Repeat with your other section.
- Cut into how many portions you wish. I made 12.
- Place on to your baking tray leaving enough space between them to expand. If you need to use 2 baking trays do so.
- Egg wash each roll. Optional- Sprinkle each sausage roll with dried sage
- Bake for 22-25 mins until nice and golden.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes then tuck in! Dip into gravy for Christmas HEAVEN