Hello everyone! Chorizo and Cheese Twists for you today! A super simple recipe using only a handful of ingredients. A crisp puff pastry smoothered in red pesto layered with chorizo and packed with cheese. Heaven! These take little to no time to prepare and are so moreish!!
These Chorizo and Cheese Twists are made using all shop bought products and they take about 10 minutes to put together. They are super versatile and you can swap out some ingredients for anything you like at all. You could replace the red pesto with many things. Eg. Green pesto, relish, pizza sauce, red onion jam. You could replace the chorizo with items such as, Eg. Salami, pepperoni, ham, caramelised onion, nduja, sun-dried tomatoes. You can even eliminate the cheese or use another other of your favourite cheeses. Once you have all the ingredients small enough to cut through and twist you should be perfectly fine.
You can even just simplify this completely and do simple cheese twists. Some garlic butter would be a great choice to help all your cheese stick down to your pastry! So have some fun and create some simple and delicious snacks. Perfect for any occasion! Serve these Chorizo and Cheese Twists with your favourite dip, I used some relish and they worked amazing together. They would be gorgeous with some sour cream and chive dip too.These Chorizo and Cheese Twists are delicious warm or cold and could be perfect for the picnic weather.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these Chorizo and Cheese Twists ! Also, check out my facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Chorizo and Cheese Twists
- Baking tray
- Pastry brush
- Baking paper
- 1 Roll Puff pastry
- 2 tbsp Red pesto
- 12 Slices of chorizo (Cut into smaller slices)
- Parmesan cheese
- Grated cheddar
- 1 Beaten Egg
- Preheat your 200C/ 180C Fan and line a baking tray with parchment. Take your puff pastry out of the fridge 10 minutes before using.
- Roll out your puff pastry cut lenghtways so you have two long stripes.
- Spread your red pesto over one side on the pastry.
- Layer on your chopped up chorizo slices.
- Sprinkle with your chedder and grated parmesan.
- On the other side of your pastry brush with an egg wash then fold over on top of your filled side. Gently press down and seal acround the edges with your fingers.
- Using a sharp knife, slice into 12 stripes. Twist each strip 2/3 times then place onto your lined tray.
- Brush each stripe with an egg wash then sprinkle with some extra grated parmesan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Serve with your favourite dip and enjoy! I had mine with some relish.
- This are best eaten straight from the oven or on the days of baking.
- Play around with your flavours if you like and have some fun.
- I have mentioned a load of different ides in the text before the post.
- I used this baking tray *- Baking Tray
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram! #gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes