Hello everyone! A tasty Chocolate Peanut Butter Traybake Cake recipe for your today! A delicious moist chocolate fudge cake levelled up with a surprise peanut butter centre and a silky peanut butter icing.
The recipe is super straight forward and easy. I decorate this traybake nice and roughly with a palate knife, no fuss.
If you haven’t got 8×8 inch tins you can make this in whatever tin you have just send me a DM over on Instagram if you need any help with timing ect.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Chocolate Peanut Butter Traybake Cake.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Traybake Cake
- 8 x 8 Square tray
- Electric whisk
- Palette knife
- Piping bag
- Chopping board
- 150 grams Plain Flour
- 40 grams Cocoa Powder
- 300 grams Light Brown Sugar
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 200 ml Buttermilk
- 3 Eggs
- 30 ml Espresso
- 150 grams Dark Chocolate
- 150 grams Butter
- 3 tbsp Peanut butter
- 150 grams Unsalted butter
- 300 grams Icing sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 50 grams Peanut butter
- Peanut butter
- Chopped peanuts
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 160C/140C Fan. Grease & line an 8×8 square tin or what ever tin you like.
- Melt your chocolate and butter and set aside to cool. Mix all your dry ingredients into a bowl together.
- In a separate bowl mix your eggs, buttermilk and espresso.
- Pour your wet mix and chocolate mix into your dry ingredients. Mix till smooth then add into your tin and bake for approx 50-60 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let your cake cool completely.
- Once cool, using the end of a rolling pin make about 16 small holes in the top of your cake, using a piping bag or spoon, fill up each hole with peanut butter.
- Next lets make the buttercream, In a large bowl add in your butter. Whip until light and pale this will take about 5 minutes.
- Next whisk in your icing sugar in two separate batches, mixing in between until combined.
- Mix in your vanilla and peanut butter.
- Spoon your icing on top of your cake then smooth down using a spatula or palette knife.
- Optional Top with a drizzle of peanut butter and a scattering of chopped peanuts and chocolate.