Hey guys! I posted this recipe on my Instagram but I thought I would post it here too for people who don’t have Instagram or if you find it difficult to follow through stories.
Its such a simple recipe that involves only 4 ingredients!! Sugar, golden syrup, Bicarbonate of soda and chocolate. Its a fun and tasty treat. Looks very impressive too!
If you prefer it without chocolate just skip that step, or if you wanted to use white chocolate that would be amazing!
The honeycomb recipe can be made and used for many different things. Its a great topping for desserts. When making this just be VERY careful not to touch any of the hot sugar. I got a sugar burn before and it wasn’t fun at all!
Have some fun making your homemade Crunchy bars! Let me know how you get on. I would love to see you’re creations. I will include my process pictures below.
Prep time: 20 minutes (Not including set times)
- 200g Caster sugar
- 5 Tablespoons of either golden syrup, corn syrup or honey
- 2 Teaspoons Bicarbonate of soda.
- 200g Chocolate
- Line and grease your dish. I used a 9×9 square dish.
- Place sugar and syrup in a deep pot.
- Keep on a medium heat till melted. Keep mixing.
- Cook until your sugar reaches a golden amber colour.
- Carefully spoon in your bicarb. Mix through fast till just combine. (Be careful this will steam and bubble)
- Transfer to your baking dish straight away.
- Leave to set at room temperature for about an hour.
- Once cooled, cut into chunks with a knife.
- Melt your chocolate.
- Dip your chunks of honeycomb into the chocolate and place on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Set in the fridge for about 30 minutes till chocolate has set.
- Store in an airtight container.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram! #Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes