Hello everyone! A tasty Chocolate Fudge Traybake Cake recipe for your today! A delicious moist chocolate fudge cake made simple. A go to cake of mine that everyone adores, perfect for any occasion!
The recipe is super straight forward and easy. I decorate this traybake nice and roughly with a palate knife, no fuss. I see this as a Bruce Bogtrotter style cake, delicious over the top chocolate cake that’s meant to be messy!
Feel free to add any toppings or decorations to this traybake to suit the occasion! I sometimes like to add orange zest to the sponge and ganache and it is Devine so definitely try that if you are a chocolate orange lover.
If you haven’t got 8×8 inch tins you can make this in whatever tin you have just send me a DM over on Instagram if you need any help with timing ect.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Chocolate Fudge Traybake !
Chocolate Fudge Traybake Cake
- 150 grams Plain Flour
- 40 grams Cocoa Powder
- 300 grams Light Brown Sugar
- 1.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 200 ml Buttermilk
- 3 Eggs
- 30 ml Espresso
- 150 grams Dark Chocolate
- 150 grams Butter
- 150 grams Dark chocolate
- 150 grams Single cream
- Optional decorations I used chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 160C/140C Fan. Grease & line an 8×8 square tin or what ever tin you like.
- Melt your chocolate and butter and set aside to cool. Mix all your dry ingredients into a bowl together.
- In a separate bowl mix your eggs, buttermilk and espresso.
- Pour your wet mix and chocolate mix into your dry ingredients. Mix till smooth then add into your tin and bake for approx 50-60 mins or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let your cake cool completely.
- Lets make the ganache, warm up your cream then pour over your chocolate. Mix until smooth then place in the fridge until it reaches a spreadable consistency.
- Place your cakes on a serving plate then load on your ganache, I just used a spatula to do this but use whatever you like.
- Decorate however you like, I did mine easy and textured then added on some chocolate chips.
- Slice up and enjoy! This cake will last for up to 5 days in a sealed container.