Hey everyone! I just had to jump on the bandwagon and make up a banana bread recipe. Deliciously sweet with melty chocolate and warm cinnamon. So tasty sliced up with some butter on it.
I decorated the top of mine with some brown sugar and cinnamon bananas to add a bit of texture. I slice up my banana lengthways an placed on my mix. I sprinkled a little more brown sugar and cinnamon so they would caramelize in the oven. Walnuts or pecans would be another amazing addition to your mix but I just used what I had at home. You need to use very ripe bananas for this recipe, this is crucial. It adds a stronger and sweeter banana flavour to your loaf. I had super ripe bananas on my kitchen table so this was my excuse to make it.
Chocolate chip Banana Bread
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 55-60 minutes
- 100g soft Unsalted butter
- 125g brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla (I used 10 drops of-https://www.foodieflavours.com/shop/flavours/natural-flavouring/vanilla/ )
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 225g Self raising flour (Sieved)
- 125g Dark chocolate chips
- 1 Extra Banana for decoration (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C Fan. Line a loaf tin with parchment.
- In a small bowl, mash up bananas with a fork.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and brown sugar together with an electric whisk until light and fluffy.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time until fully combined.Then mix in your bananas, salt, cinnamon and vanilla.
- Fold in your flour and chocolate chips gently till just combined. Then mix in milk to loosen up mix a little.
- Put mix into your lined loaf. Decorate with cinnamon sugar banana and some extra chocolate chips. (Optional) Picture for reference above.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. You may hit a melted chocolate chip but you will be able to tell the difference between that and raw batter.
- Allow to cool then enjoy! Delicious cold or warmed up with butter.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes