Hello guys! Chocolate and Salted Caramel Tart! A simple 5 ingredient no bake recipe perfect for any occasion! A delicious crispy and buttery Oreo base, a layer of salted caramel then topped with a silky chocolate ganache, pure heaven! I love a chocolate tart but this one is just next level and soooo simple to make.
If you don’t have a food processor or blender you can just crush up your Oreos in a plastic bag or bowl. Just make sure you get this to a fine crumb. You can use any caramel your prefer in this recipe but Caranation caramel is always a winner for me! Add a little salt and you have a tasty salted caramel perfect for this chocolate tart recipe. Decorate with anything you like! If you have a thick homemade caramel recipe you could use that instead.
You could use any biscuit for the base of this chocolate tart recipe. If you are using a biscuit that doesn’t have a cream centre Eg. Digestive just add 50g more butter. This would be delicious with so many different biscuits. I think Biscoff biscuits would be amazing! They would work so well with the salted caramel. You could also replace the dark chocolate and use milk chocolate instead, if I were doing this I would reduce the cream to 250g instead of 300g. The milk chocolate already has milk in it so it won’t set as hard as dark chocolate would.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this! Also, check out my facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Chocolate and Salted Caramel Tart
- 8 Inch Tart tin (Loose bottom)
- Mixing bowl
- Food processor
- 400 grams Crushed Oreo
- 125 grams Butter
- 397 grams Ready made caramel I used a full tin of carnation caramel
- 2 pinch Salt
- 275 grams Dark chocolate
- 300 grams Double cream
- 50 grams Butter
- I used melted chocolate, caramel, fudge pieces, flakey salt, Oreo crumb, sprinkles and chocolate curls. Use whatever you like
- In a food processor, blitz your Oreos to a fine crumb. Mix in the melted butter then press this mix into an 8inch tart pan.
- Using your fingers press the mix up along the sides of the tart pan making sure it is thick enough to hold up when removed.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Next, place your 397g of caramel into the base of your tart case and flatten down till even then sprinkle with some flakey salt.. If you are using carnation caramel give it a quick mix first till smooth.
- Place this back the fridge while you are making your ganache.
- Add your chocolate chips and butter into a bowl then set aside. Place your cream in a small pot and heat up till nearly boiling. You want it hot enough to melt your chocolate.
- Pour the hot cream over you chocolate chips and butter and beat till smooth and fully melted.
- Remove your tart case from the fridge and pour this chocolate mix over your caramel.
- Smooth out with a spoon then gently wiggle the case to get it nice and smooth.
- Decorate with anything your wish! I used some chocolate, caramel fudge pieces, flakey salt, Oreo crumb, sprinkles and chocolate curls but you can use anything at all!
- Leave to set until ganache is firm.
- Slice up with a hot knife then enjoy!!
- Caramel may ooze slightly from the tart but this is normal as it is a shop bought caramel.Enjoy your salted caramel and chocolate tart!
- This tart is best set overnight.
- Take out of the fridge about 10 minutes before serving to make slicing easier.
- As you cut into the tart your shop bought caramel will slightly ooze out so it is best eaten in one day.
- Feel free to use any biscuit base or even make your own caramel.
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales
- I use these piping bags*- 100 Pcs Piping Bags
- I use these heat proof spatulas*- High-Heat Silicone Spatula
- I use this 8 inch Tart tin*-20cm Round Tart Tin
- Stainless steel prep bowls*-Premium Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls (Set of 5)
- These are the chocolate curls I used*-Belgian Milk Chocolate Curls
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes