Hey everyone! I’m really loving loaf cakes at the moment. I think they are so versatile and easy to bake. I have so many ideas I want to create! You guys helped me out on Instagram and decided I should make this one!
A fudgy chocolate loaf cake, topped with silky caramel butter cream, caramel drizzle, chocolate covered pretzels (Flipz) and caramel fudge pieces. Finished with some flakey salt.Absolute heaven!!
This would be a stunning celebration cake. This is such a simple and easy bake. Have some fun and decorate it with your favourite chocolate and salted caramel treats. Galaxy caramel or Cadburys caramel nibbles would be so nice on top!
I used Carnations Caramel for my buttercream and drizzle. It’s an incredible product that I use in loads of my bakes. It’s delicious, fast and so versatile. Its available in most supermarkets like Super value, Tesco, Dunnes ect. I also topped my cake with Flipz, one of my go to snacks. Chocolate covered salted pretzels!! Dreamy! They worked so well with this cake. They have loads of different flavours available too!
Happy Baking! <3
Chocolate and Salted Caramel Loaf Cake
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 45-50 minutes
- 115g Dark chocolate
- 115g Unsalted butter
- 100g Plain flour
- 15g Cocoa powder
- One and a half teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee dissolved in 50ml of boiling water
- 100g of caster sugar
- 100g of light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 40ml of buttermilk
- Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 125g Unsalted butter ( Room Temp )
- 250g Icing sugar
- 100g Carnation Caramel
- Chocolate Pretzels
- Caranation Caramel
- Fudge pieces (Aldi)
- Flakey salt
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C Fan. Grease and line your loaf tin.
- Melt Dark chocolate and butter together in a double boiler. Stir in your dissolved coffee. Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- While chocolate mixture is cooling sieve all dry ingredients (Flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt) into a bowl.
- Add in caster sugar and brown sugar to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add in the buttermilk, vanilla and eggs.
- Add in your chocolate mixture.
- Now incorporate both of your wet ingredients with your dry ingredients (Be careful not to overmix as this will result in a dense cake). Fold gently.
- Once combined, add mix into loaf tin evenly. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and then leave to cool completely.
- Place soft butter into a mixing bowl. Using an electric hand whisk, whip up until very pale and fluffy. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add icing sugar in 3 separate batches until incorporated well.
- Next, Whisk in the caramel.
- Set aside until needed. (I left mine in the fridge because my kitchen was hot)
- Only start decorating when your cake is completely cool.
- Add butter cream into a piping bag with a piping nozzle and pipe buttercream on top of your cake. – Or spoon on and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Sprinkle with your toppings and drizzle with caramel.
- Set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes