Hey everyone! A tasty and simple Blondie recipe for you today. Cherry Bakewells have always been my absolute favourite treat! I just love anything almond/cherry flavoured.
AD|I have teamed up with GEM on this delicious recipe. GEM have such a brilliant range of baking ingredients that are fantastic. Their range includes sugars, powders, nuts and cereals to take your baking to the next level. The difference a good quality ingredient makes to your bake! GEM are always my go to when it comes to baking as they are are widely available. Check out their range on www.gempackfoods.ie or find them in your local supermarkets.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3
Cherry Bakewell Blondie
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- 170g Butter (Room temp)
- 200g (GEM) Caster Sugar
- 80g (GEM) Light Brown Sugar
- 150g Plain Flour
- 100g (GEM) Ground almonds
- 150g White Chocolate Chips
- 25g (GEM) Flaked almonds
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Almond extract
- 6 Teaspoons Raspberry Jam
- Optional decoration
- Icing drizzle
- 5 Tablespoons Icing sugar
- 1 Teaspoon almond extract
- 2-3 Teaspoons of water (Enough to make a thick icing)
- (GEM) Flaked almonds
- 5 Cherry bakewells (Cut in half)
- Preheat oven to 180C/ 160C Fan. Grease and line a 8×8 Square tin with parchment.
- Place butter into a mixing bowl. Whisk in sugars until light and fluffy.
- Next, add eggs in one at a time.
- Whisk in vanilla, almond extract and salt.
- Once combined, Fold in sieved flour and ground almonds gently. Do not over mix!
- Fold in chocolate chips and flaked almonds.
- Place the mixture into baking tin and smooth down.
- Dollop the jam on top and swirl into your mix. Don’t swirl it in too deep.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. You can vary this on how gooey you would like your brownies. 38 minutes was perfect in my fan oven. You want the centre to have a slight wobble.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely (This will take awhile) I put mine in the fridge for an hour when cooled before cutting. This is so I could get a sharp cut.
- Optional Decorate with drizzled white icing, flaked almonds and half a cherry Bakewell.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes