Hello everyone! Cheesy Pull Apart Garlic Bread recipe for you today! Soft white bread rolls coated in a herby garlic butter layered with melty cheese. Pure HEAVEN! This is a quick and fun bread recipe that tastes unbelievable!! I know you are going to love this! A perfect starter or side dish for any meal.
This can be made by hand or using a stand mixer so I have instructed you on each below. Do not panic if you are making it by hand, when you knead it on a table it will be sticky but just keep kneading it and after about 15 minutes the gluten will build up and form a lovely stretchy and smooth ball.Its a work out doing it by hand but 100% worth it.
This is best eaten fresh and warm out of the oven. If you have any left overs don’t worry it will still be lovely! Feel free to double this recipe and make two breads also. If you don’t want to add any cheese to this you don’t have to.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this garlic bread to help you along!
Cheesy Pull Apart Garlic Bread
- Loaf tin (Medium)
- Weighing scales
- Baking paper
- Chopping board
- 450 grams Plain Flour
- 280 grams Warm Water
- 7 grams Instant Dry Yeast
- 1 + ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Caster Sugar
- 150 grams Salted Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic
- Handful Fresh Parsley
- Handful Fresh Chive
- Grated Mozzarella (I used about 2 handfuls)
- In a stand mixer or a mixing bowl, add flour, salt, sugar and yeast.
- Add in your water and using your hands or a dough hook mix together.
- Knead for about 8-10 minutes until dough comes together to form a smooth ball. If you are doing it by hand it will take about 10-15 mins. This dough will be a little sticky to start but that’s okay it will come together and become nice and smooth once ready.
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film or a damp towel. Let rise till doubled in size. Mine took 1 hour in a warm spot.
- While your dough is rising make your garlic butter. Melt your butter in the microwave.
- Mince up your garlic to a paste then chop up your herbs nice and small. Add these to your melted butter then set aside.
- Once dough has doubled, Preheat your oven to 200C/ 180C Fan and line your loaf tin.
- Remove dough onto a floured surface.
- Portion the dough up into about 16-24 balls. The smaller the balls the more pull apart pieces you have and the bigger the balls the less pull apart pieces you have. Do what you like here as it will cook in the same time.
- Now we are going to assemble the bread.
- Dip each dough ball into your melted garlic butter then layer up in your loaf tin. I place one layer down to cover the base of the tin and then added a handful of grated mozerella. Next, repeat until you have used up all your dough balls.
- Once assembled you can add a small amount of grated cheese to the top.
- Cover your tin with cling film then let rise again for 20-30 minutes while your oven is heating up.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Let rest for about 5-10 minutes in the tin then remove and serve warm with some of your left over garlic butter. I brushed some extra on top and then served with some on the side.
If you make this garlic bread recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes
One thought on “Cheesy Pull Apart Garlic Bread”
We had a gathering where everybody contributed towards a meal. I made this recipe and it was the favourite of the evening! Thank you for sharing. I used half AP flour and half bread flour.