Hello guys! A new amazing cake recipe for you today, Carrot Cake Traybake. A delicious spiced carrot cake base topped with a silky orange zest cream cheese frosting.
If you don’t have an 8×8 inch tray you can still use this recipe. If your tray is larger just reduce the cooking time by a few minutes, if your tray is smaller your cake will be taller so up your cooking time by a few minutes. You could also bake this isn’t two small round tins and bake it as a layer cake. It’s up to you! I just love the ease of a traybake cake.
Have you got any traybake recipe requests? Let me know in the comments below or send me a DM over on Instagram.I love a traybake cake as its perfect for any occasion and it is so simple to bake!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Carrot Cake Traybake..
Carrot Cake Traybake
- 8×8 Tin
- Baking paper
- Electric whisk
- Weighing scales
- 140 grams Vegetable/sunflower oil
- 170 grams Light Brown Sugar
- 200 grams Self raising flour
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Mixed spice
- ½ Zest Of an orange
- 200 grams Grated carrots
- 80 grams Chopped walnuts
- 100 grams Unsalted butter
- 300 grams Icing sugar
- 120 grams Cream Cheese
- ½ Zest Of an orange
- Walnuts for decorating
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 C Fan. Grease and line your 8×8 square tray.
- In a mixing bowl, add in your eggs, oil, sugar, orange zest and mix.
- Mix in your sieved flour, salt and spices.
- Add in your grated carrots and chopped walnuts then mix until combined.
- Spoon the mix into your cake tin and smooth down.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake springs bake when you gently press it.
- Leave to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter till pale and fluffy using an electric whisk.
- Whisk in the cream cheese and orange zest.
- Whisk in your icing sugar in two batches till fully combined.
- Spread your buttercream on top of your cooled cake. I did mine nice and rough.
- Decorate however you like. I used walnuts and orange zest.
- Slice up and Enjoy!!!
If you make this cake recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes (PS. If you are on private I will not see so send me on some snaps <3 )