Hello guys! Carrot Cake Muffins for you today. A simple and delicious carrot cake inspired muffin. Packed full of flavour and spices, topped with a zesty cream cheese frosting and walnuts. A quick and easy recipe you will adore!! I love a muffin recipe as it takes a few minutes to put together, throw it in the oven, leave to cool slightly and enjoy! Moist and full of flavour.
Feel free to half or double this muffin recipe depending on how many you want to make. This recipe makes 10 large muffins. If you don’t have the Tulip muffin cases you can still use any other large case., if you are using slightly smaller cases you can separate the muffin batter into 12 cases and reduce the cooking time by a few minutes.
Leave out the nuts or frosting if you like or add any other nuts in place of the walnuts.You could also add some dried fruit to these muffins If you are missing on of the spices just add a little of another.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these Carrot Cake Muffins.
Carrot Cake Muffins
- Weighing scales
- Muffin cases
- Muffin/cupcake tin
- 2 Eggs
- 300 ml Buttermilk
- 50 grams Vegetable oil
- 100 grams Butter Melted and cooled
- 300 grams Plain Flour
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 140 grams Light brown sugar
- 40 grams Caster sugar
- 1 Tsp vanilla
- 100 grams Grated carrots
- 3/4 tsp Mixed spice
- 3/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- Handful chopped walnuts on (Optional) Plus extra for decoration
- 50 grams Cream cheese
- 100 grams Butter
- 200 grams Icing sugar
- Zest of half an Orange
- Preheat your oven to 200C/ 180C Fan. Place 10 muffin cases into a cupcake tin.
- In one bowl, Whisk together your oil, buttermilk, melted butter, carrots, vanilla and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, Sieve in flour, spices, bicarb and baking powder. Mix in both your sugars.
- Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients then add in your bowl of wet ingredients.
- Mix till just combined. Then fold in your chopped walnuts.
- Spoon into muffin cases evenly.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool.
- Add your icing sugar and butter into a bowl and whisk until combined well. Add in your cream cheese and orange zest and mix until smooth.
- Pipe or spoon the frosting onto your muffins and decorate with some walnuts if you like.