Hello everyone! An INSANE new recipe for you today Caramel Stuffed Mars Bar Square Brownies! A classic mars bar square we all LOVE packed with a suprise caramel filling! Crispy, chewy, buttery deliciousness!
I always get asked how I get my bakes so uniform and straight. The key to this is using a hot sharp knife and wiping the knife in between each cut. You could even make out your squares with a ruler before cutting.
When you are melting your mars bars and butter it may look like it has split, don’t worry about this just keep mixing in small fast motions and it should all come together. It may be easier to take it off the heat to combine the two. Just keep mixing in small fast motions then it will come back together.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these Mars Bar Square Brownies <3
Caramel Stuffed Mars Bar Squares
- Medium pot
- 8×8 Tin
- Baking paper
- 150 grams Butter
- 400 grams Mars bars
- 150 grams Rice krispies
- 9 tbsp Caramel
- 300 grams Chocolate
- 1 Mars Bar Sliced into 9
- Weigh out all of your ingredients and line your 8×8 baking dish.
- In a double boiler melt your butter and Mars bars until smooth.
- Take off the heat and quickly mix in your Rice Krispies until fully incorporated. Work fast as they set up quite quickly.
- Add the mix into your baking dish then flatten down till smooth.
- Now to create some crevices to fill with caramel! I cut my squares into 9 large squares so i made 9 holes that would end up as the center of the square. Make how many you like just remember where you made your holes when cutting.
- I used the end of a rolling pin and my fingers to create a deep hole, not going all the way down as you want it all to be sealed.
- Fill each crevice with about 1 tablespoon of caramel.
- Melt your chocolate and pour over Rice Krispie mix making sure to pour over the caramel crevices first.
- Give your tray a slight giggle to get the chocolate flat and completely covered.
- Set in the fridge for about 1 hour until firm.
- Cut into portions.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes