Hey guys! A tasty new recipe for you today! Caramel Rice Krispie Squares. A childhood classic dupe for the Kellogg caramel squares. A delicious homemade easy caramel coating Rice Krispies topped with a chocolate drizzle and chocolate chips.
We all know I love a good Rice Krispie square recipe and this is one I have wanted to make for awhile now. That classic treat many of us grew up with but even better!! A yummy simple homemade caramel that just makes them even better.
This recipe makes 8 bars, these are quite big like the bars you all know and love, so feel free to cut these smaller if you like. I have topped these with chocolate but you don’t necessarily have to, or you could even top them with different types of chocolate and treats.
If your cake tin isn’t the same as mine you can definitely still make them! Rectangle, circle, whatever it is just use what you have! The shape just might change but they will taste the same don’t worry!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these Caramel Rice Krispie Squares !
Caramel Rice Krispie Squares
- 8×8 Tin
- Weighing scales
- Medium pot
- 150 grams Salted Butter
- 150 grams Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tin Condensed milk (397g)
- 2 tbsp Golden syrup
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 175 grams Rice Krispies
- 40 grams Chocolate
- Handful Chocolate chips
- Grease and line a 8×8 square tin.
- Add all of your caramel ingredients into a pot and put on a medium heat.
- Using a spatula constantly mix. You dont want anything to catch at the bottom. Once your mixture comes to a boil, boil for 5 minutes while stirring constantly. Good idea to set a timer for this to get it perfect! Your mixture will thicken and darken when its ready.
- Pour this mix directly into your bowl of Rice Krispies and mix until all combined well. BE CAREFUL it is super hot!!
- Pour your caramel Krispie mix into your lined tin, flatten down and smooth till flat.
- Chill your bars for approx. 45 minutes in the fridge.
- Remove your Krispies from the fridge and cut into 8 bars. You can cut them smaller if you like.
- Drizzle each bar with chocolate and top with chocolate chips. Leave to set.
- Enjoy guys!