Hello everyone! Caramel Pretzel Cookies for you today! A brown butter cookie packed with chewy caramel, salted pretzels, dark and milk chocolate chunks! A perfect combination of everything salty and sweet!
I started off this cookie recipe by browning my butter to add another dimension. This step really makes a difference for that added depth of flavour. It gives a deep, nutty, caramelised taste to the butter. Its an optional step but I think it brings the cookies to a whole new level! In short, You are heating up the butter until the milk solids start to toast and brown. You can see the attached image below for reference.
If you have any questions about this traybake, Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Brown Butter Cookie recipe !
Caramel Pretzel Cookies
- Electric whisk
- Baking paper
- Baking tray
- Weighing scales
- 125 grams Unsalted Butter Room temp
- 80 grams Dark brown sugar
- 80 grams Caster sugar
- 1 Egg Large
- 2 tbsp Cornflour
- 250 grams Plain flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100 grams Milk chocolate chips I used a chopped up bar
- 100 grams Dark chocolate chips I used a chopped up bar
- 75 grams Broken pretzels
- 75 grams Soft caramel sweets Chopped up
- Melt your butter then let it boil until you see the milk solids sink to the bottom and turn a nice and golden brown colour. Remove from the heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in your egg and vanilla and combine till smooth.
- Sieve in flour, baking powder, cornflour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Fold until you have a firm dough.
- Add in your chopped up chocolate chips, pretzels and caramels and mix through.
- Portion up 10 even cookie dough balls. Mine were about 92 grams each.
- Mould cookie dough into balls and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200C/ 180C Fan 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake 3 or 4 at a time as they are big!
- Bake for 13-15 minutes. This will give you a gooey and delicious cookie.
- Once baked leave to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Take a snap/video of your gooey cookies and send them onto me @gills_bakesandcakes.