Hello guys! A delicious cake recipe for you today! Caramel Apple Loaf Cake, A spiced apple and caramel sponge topped with a silky caramel frosting, stewed apples and a caramel drizzle. Absolutely delicious!
These loaf cakes are such a beautiful and easy bake that is a perfect celebration bake or if you’re just looking for a treat. Slices up into portions straight away and looks incredible. You can play around with the decorations if you like or even pipe on your buttercream.
I used a 1 to 1 and a half pound loaf tin to make this recipe but it will work in any size tin! Feel free to even make this recipe into cupcakes and bake them for approximately 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Caramel Apple Loaf Cake.
Caramel Apple Loaf Cake
- 1LB/1.5LB Loaf tin
- Weighing scales
- Baking paper
- Electric whisk
- 175 grams Butter
- 100 grams Light Brown Sugar
- 75 grams Caramel
- 3 Eggs
- 175 grams Self raising flour
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 100 grams Diced Cooking apples (Peeled)
- 100 grams Butter
- 200 grams Icing sugar
- 50 grams Caramel
- Dash of milk (Till spreadable)
- Extra Caramel for drizzle
- 80 grams Light Brown Sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 20 grams Butter
- 150 grams Diced Cooking apples (Peeled)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 C Fan. Grease your loaf tin and line with parchment.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and caramel until combined.
- Add in your sieved flour and cinnamon then mix till combined.
- Fold in your diced apples.
- Put cake mix into your loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely.
- In a saucepan, melt your butter and sugar. Mix in your apples and cinnamon and place back onto cook until the apples soften. Set aside to cool completely.
- Once you cake has fully cooled make your buttercream. In a mixing bowl, Cream butter till pale and fluffy using an electric whisk.
- Whisk in your icing sugar in 3 small batches until fully combined.
- Whisk in your caramel. A a dash of milk until your get a spreadable consistency then spread on top of your cake.
- Top with your cooled stewed apple and drizzle with caramel.