Hey guys! A delicious autumnal cupcake recipe for you today. Apple and cinnamon is one of my favourite flavour combinations. This has to be one of my favourite recipes on the blog so far. Its just so so tasty!
I have collaborated with Kenwood on this recipe. I used their Rose Gold KMix stand mixer, I am in LOVE with it. It’s so simple to use, so versatile and sooo smooth and quiet. Its also absolutely stunning!!! It is such a great addition to my kitchen for baking, it makes my life so much easier. COLLAB
This recipe as a delicious spiced sponge with chunks of sweet apple, topped with a silky caramel buttercream, syrupy stewed apple and a caramel drizzle.
If you don’t want to make a full batch feel free to half this recipe and make 6. I used Carnations Caramel for my buttercream and drizzle. It’s an incredible product that I use in loads of my bakes. It’s delicious, fast and so versatile. It’s available in most supermarkets like Super value, Tesco, Dunnes ect.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3
Caramel Apple Cupcakes
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 20-22 minutes
- 175g Butter
- 175g Light brown sugar
- 175g Self raising flour
- 3 Eggs
- 2 Medium granny smith apples
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla
- 2 Medium Granny Smith apples
- 20g Butter
- 40g Light brown sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 170g Unsalted butter
- 340g Icing sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Caramel
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- Slices of apple
- Tablespoon of caramel
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 C Fan. Line your cupcake tray with your preferred cupcake cases.
- Peel and dice your apples into small cubes. Toss in about 2 tablespoons of your flour.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy.
- Add in your Vanilla.
- Mix in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Sieve flour and spices into the mix and gently fold.
- Fold in your apples.
- Spoon the cupcake mix into your cupcake cases evenly.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool completely.
- Peel and dice your 2 apples into small cubes.
- In a small pot add your butter, cinnamon and sugar.
- Once melted, add in your apples.
- Cook for about 10 minutes on a medium heat until liquid turns thick and syrupy and only little liquid remains.
- Leave to chill completely.
- Place soft butter into a mixing bowl. Using an electric hand whisk or stand mixer, whip up until very pale and fluffy. This will take about 5 minutes.
- Add icing sugar in 3 separate batches until incorporated well.
- Add in the cinnamon and caramel and mix till smooth.
- Pipe onto your cupcakes leaving a well in the centre to add your stewed apple.
- Add on your stewed apple, drizzle with caramel and decorate with a slice of apple.
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes