Hey everyone! SUPER TASTY cookie recipe for you today! I loooove Caramel nibbles and I thought they would be great for stuffing cookies. The slightly hint of caramel works amazing! These cookies are thick and gooey, packed with melty chocolate chips and caramel nibbles.
I chilled my cookie balls in the freezer for 1 hour beforehand to keep them from spreading too much and to keep some height on them. What’s handy about these cookies is that you can keep them in your freezer in an airtight container and bake them as you want them.
If you don’t like a gooey cookie just add a few minutes onto your baking time.
Stuffing the cookie with the nibbles- Take your portion of dough and spilt it into 3 parts. Create a little circle with one piece and place 3 nibbles on top. Cover with another circle of dough, place 3 nibbles on top of that. Finally add your last bit of dough on top covering all the nibbles and roll into a lumpy ball.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3
Cadbury’s Caramel Nibble Cookies
Prep time: 15 minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
Servings: 6 (BIG)
- 110g Butter (Cold & Cubed)
- 100g Light brown sugar
- 60g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg – Large
- 225g Plain flour
- 1 Tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 100g Milk chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- Flakey salt
- 1-2 Share bags of caramel nibbles
- 1 hour before making your cookies, place your caramel nibbles in the fridge.
- Place Cold butter cut up in cubes into a mixing bowl with both sugars. Mix till you get little nuggets of butter and sugar, it will only take about 30 seconds-1 minute. I used a stand mixer and a paddle attachment to do this. You can do this by hand or with an electric hand whisk.
- Mix in your chocolate chips this just combined.
- In a seperate bowl sieve together your flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cornflour and salt.
- Slowly add this dry mix into your wet mix. This will look like breadcrumbs.
- Once combined, add in your vanilla and egg.
- Mix till just combined. Be careful not too overmix, you don’t want to form any gluten.
- Weigh out approx 6 110g portions of dough.
- Remove Nibbles from the fridge and form the dough portions around them. I stuffed mine with 6 nibbles. Just make sure they are covered with the cookie dough.
- The lumpier the shape the better. Be careful not to tightly pack the dough. Just gently mould into balls.
- Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200C/ 180C Fan 30 minutes before baking.
- Sprinkle with flakey salt before baking. Bake for 13-16 minutes for a gooey cookie. Bake two/three cookies at a time because they are large.
- Tap the tray when you take the cookies out of the oven on a flat surface. Leave to cool slightly, if you can resist…
- Take a snap/video of your gooey cookies and send them onto me @gills_bakesandcakes.
- ENJOY!! <3
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes
One thought on “Cadbury’s Caramel Nibble Cookies”
Hi Gill, Could you use carmel square bars instead of nibbles.