Hi guys! A Delicious new recipe for your today, my first curry recipe! Butter Chicken Curry! A butter chicken curry inspired dish. Packed with flavour making this a dish you will want again and again! Using boneless chicken thighs for that extra delicious chicken flavour.
Any cut of meat can be used in this recipe. I like to use boneless chicken thighs as they are super juicy and tasty. Feel free to leave out the chilli if you don’t like too much spice. This is a mild curry already but go ahead and remove it if you don’t like spice at all. If you are missing one or two spices don’t worry about it just up another spice and taste it to see if you are happy with it.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy cooking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Butter Chicken Curry recipe !
Butter Chicken Curry
- Large Pan
- Measuring spoons
- 580 grams Boneless chicken thighs (Or Breast meat)
- 100 grams Plain Yoghurt
- 2 cloves Garlic (Finely chopped)
- ½ Jucied Lemon
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Tumeric
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- ½ Chilli Powder
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1 Large White Onion (Finely chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Minced Ginger
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Ground Coriander
- 3 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Ground Tumeric
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 Cardamom pods crushed (Crushed)
- 300 grams Tomato pasata
- 100 grams Cream
- 2 tbsp Tomato puree
- Handful Chopped Coriander
- 1 Green chilli (Finely chopped)
- At least one hour before making your curry place all your Chicken Marinade items into a bowl, mix then place in the fridge. This can be done a few hours or the night before.
- Place a pan on a medium/high heat. Fry your chicken till nice and coloured and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside. Don't clean your pan keep the chicken juices in it.
- Add 2 tbsp butter to your pan then melt. Add in your onion, ginger, garlic and chilli and fry for about 1-2 mins.
- Add in all your spices and mix.
- Mix in your tomato paste and puree and cook for 5 minutes.
- Pour in your cream and mix.
- Season with salt and blend if you want a smoother sauce. If its too thick add a small bit more cream or pasata.
- Stir through 1 tbsp of butter till melted and combined.
- Add your cooked chicken and chopped coriander and mix through till all warm.
- Serve with rice and naan breads and enjoy!