Hello everyone! Mars Bar Square Brownies! A delicious new recipe for you today combing my two favourite bakes, a mars bar square and a fudgy brownie! This is a new family favourite which you are going to LOVE!! This layered brownie bake is just incredible and definitely one of my family favourites.
I always get asked how I get my bakes so uniform and straight. The key to this is using a hot sharp knife and wiping the knife in between each cut. To get your brownie layer super straight, once it comes out of the oven use a spatula or a angled palette knife and flatten down the surface very gently. Leave to cool completely then place your mars bar layer on top and smooth out till level. It is important to get each layer as flat as possible so you can get nice sharp cuts.
When you are melting your mars bars and butter it may look like it has split, don’t worry about this just keep mixing in small fast motions and it should all come together. It may be easier to take it off the heat to combine the two. Just keep mixing in small fast motions then it will come back together.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making these Mars Bar Square Brownies <3 Also, check out my new facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Mars Bar Square Brownies
- 8×8 Tin
- Baking paper
- Electric whisk
- 140 g Unsalted Butter
- 100 g Dark chocolate
- 300 g Caster sugar
- 60 g Cocoa
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 2 Eggs
- 100 g Plain flour
- 100 g Chocolate chips
Mars bar square layer
- 400 g Mars bars Chopped
- 160 g Butter
- 80 g Rice Krispies
- 300 g Milk chocolate
- 1 Mars bar cut into 9
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C Fan and line your 8×8 Square tray.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave.
- Add to a mixing bowl. Whisk in your sugar till smooth.
- Whisk in eggs one at a time till light and fluffy.
- Whisk in the sieved flour, salt and cocoa till just combined.
- Fold through chocolate chips.
- Spread the mixture into the baking tray as flat as possible.
- Bake for 32-34 minutes then leave to cool completely.
Mars bar square layer
- Weigh out all of your ingredients and line your 8×8 baking dish.
- In a double boiler melt your butter and Mars bars until smooth.
- Take off the heat and quickly mix in your Rice Krispies until fully incorporated. Work fast as they set up quite quickly.
- Pour mix on top of your cooled brownies and flatten down as smooth as possible.
- Leave to set for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Melt your chocolate and pour over Rice Krispie mix.
- Smooth out evenly and decorate with slices of Mars bar.
- Set in the fridge for about 1 hour until firm.
- Cut into portions.
- These will last 4+ days in an airtight container at room temp.
- To get your brownie layer super straight, once it comes out of the oven use a spatula or a angled palette knife and flatten down the surface very gently.
- Cut your final bake with a hot sharp knife to get a clean cut.
- When you are melting your mars bars and butter it may look like it has split, don’t worry about this just keep mixing in small fast motions and it should all come together. It may be easier to take it off the heat to combine the two.
- I use these food scales *- Digital Scales
- This is the induction hob I used*- Tefal Everyday Induction Hob
- I use these heat proof spatulas*- High-Heat Silicone Spatula
- My 8×8 square tin is out of stock but this is a great sub*- Square Cake Baking Tin
- This is the food processor I used*-NUTRiBULLET
Check out my TikTok recipe video here- https://www.tiktok.com/@gills_bakesandcakes/video/6940619380678020358?lang=en&is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes