Hello everyone! A lovely and easy recipe for you today that you NEED to try! Brownie Cookies- BROOKIES! Brownie meets cookie! The untilmate combo! A brownie cooked cookie style to give a fudey and soft cookie with that classic crinkley crispy brownie top!
I have used my normal go to brownie recipe for these just cooked them in a different way and they worked out sooo well! They are so easy to throw together and super addictive! This recipe will make 10 decent cookies but feel free to double or half this recipe if you like!
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Brownie Cookie recipe ! Also, check out my facebook group ”Gills Bakes and Cakes <3”
Brownie Cookies- BROOKIES!
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Electric whisk
- Ice cream scoop
- 70 grams Unsalted Butter
- 50 grams Dark Chocolate
- 150 grams Caster Sugar
- 30 grams Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Egg Medium
- 50 grams Plain Flour
- 75 grams Chocolate Chips (chopped up) I used half milk/ half dark Chocolate
- Flakey salt Optional
- 1 tsp Espresso Or instant coffee
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C Fan. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave. Leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Add your egg and sugar to a bowl and whisk until fluffy.
- Whisk in your chocolate and butter mix and coffee until combined.
- Mix in the sieved flour,salt and cocoa till just combined.
- Fold through your chocolate chips.
- Leave your mix aside for about 10 minutes to thicken up.
- Spoon 10 spoons onto a baking tray leave room for your cookies to spread, you can do this in two batches or use two baking trays. Try get the dough as round and even as possible.
- Sprinkle with extra flakey salt on top if you wish!
- Bake for 10 minutes then leave them to set for about 10-15 minutes on the tray.
- These cookies will last 4+ days in an airtight container.
- Best eaten on day 1 & 2.
- Best eaten warm, can be warmed up in the microwave, oven or air fryer. I like to reheat in an air fryer as its fast and you get a nice crisp outside.
- Use any of your favourite Chocolate chips in these cookies.
- I used this Cocoa powder *- Cocoa
- I used this baking tray *- Baking Tray
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales
- Stainless steel prep bowls*-Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls
- I use these heat proof spatulas*- High-Heat Silicone Spatula
If you make these Brownie Cookies I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes