Hello everyone! Brown Butter Cookies for you today! The ULTIMATE chocolate chip cookies packed with flavour!! The perfect balance of chewy, crispy and gooey!
I started off this cookie recipe by browning my butter to add another dimension. This step really makes a difference for that added depth of flavour. It gives a deep, nutty, caramelised taste to the butter. Its an optional step but I think it brings the cookies to a whole new level! In short, You are heating up the butter until the milk solids start to toast and brown. You can see the attached image below for reference.
Finally another important layer to this recipe is the coffee powder. Trust me with this one please! If you don’t like coffee do not panic!! Its not there for you to taste it, coffee is brilliant at amplifying that chocolate taste making the cookies taste even chocolatier. It really intensifies that luxurious taste so please give it a go. I used an instant coffee powder I got in a supermarket.
If you have any questions about this traybake, Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Brown Butter Cookie recipe !
Brown Butter Cookies
- Weighing scales
- Baking paper
- Baking tray
- Small pot
- 125 grams Unsalted Butter (Browned)
- 60 grams Light Brown Sugar
- 50 grams Dark Brown Sugar
- 50 grams Caster Sugar
- 1 Medium Egg
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Instant Coffee
- 150 grams Plain Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
- 100 grams Dark Chocolate Bar Chopped up
- 100 grams Milk chocolate Bar Chopped up
- Flakey Salt Optional
- In a small pot, add your butter and place on a medium heat.
- Melt your butter then let it boil until you see the milk solids sink to the bottom and turn a nice and golden brown colour. (See Image)
- Remove from the heat and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 200C/ 180C and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in your browned butter and all your sugars. Whisk until combined well.
- Add in your egg and vanilla and whisk till nice and fluffy.
- Mix in your coffee powder and vanilla.
- Sieve in flour, salt, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- Fold until you have a firm dough.
- Add in your chopped up chocolate and fold through.
- Chill your cookie dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Portion up 10 even cookie dough balls. I used an ice cream scoop to do this.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes. Once removed from the oven give the cookies a slight tap on a flat surface. Add on some flakey salt if you wish.
- Leave to cool for about 15 minutes.
One thought on “Brown Butter Cookies”
I have used this recipe several times now and each time I am impressed with the results