Hello guys! A new amazing cake recipe for you today, Biscoff HEAVEN! A delicious spiced brown sugar sponge to complement a silky biscoff buttercream drizzled in even more biscoff spread and crushed biscuits. A biscoff lovers dream! One of my favourite cakes I have made EVER!
FYI- If anyone in Ireland isn’t sure where to buy biscoff products. Deals always have the spread and biscuits. Aldi also have a delicious off brand spread and biscuits too! They taste identical to the real thing and are much easier to find. If you still can’t find them, Amazon do some great deals on large tubs and boxes. Just make sure you shop around for a good deal. Or discountcoffee.ie do loads of products for a great price.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Biscoff Traybake Cake.
Biscoff Traybake Cake
- 8×8 Tin
- Baking paper
- Electric whisk
- Weighing scales
- 200 grams Unsalted Butter
- 200 grams Light Brown Sugar
- 200 grams Self raising flour
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 Eggs
- ½ Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Ground Ginger
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 100 grams Unsalted butter
- 150 grams Biscoff spread
- 250 grams Icing sugar
- 6-8 tsp Milk
- Preheat your oven to 180C/160 C Fan. Grease and line your 8×8 square tray.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter and sugar together till pale and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs one at a time until combined.
- Mix in your vanilla.
- Fold in your sieved flour and spices.
- Spoon the mix into your cake tin and smooth down.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake springs bake when you gently press it.
- Leave to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, Cream butter and biscoff spread till pale and fluffy using an electric whisk.
- Whisk in your icing sugar in two batches till fully combined.
- Add in your milk till you get a spreadable consistency.
- Spread your buttercream on top of your chilled cake. I did mine nice and rough.
- Decorate however you like. I drizzled mine with slightly warmed up biscoff spread and crushed biscuits.
- Slice up and Enjoy!!!
- This cake will last 4+ days in an airtight container at room temp.
- I used cinnamon and ginger in the sponge mix to give it that caramelised biscuit taste and it worked amazing so don’t be put off by it at all!
- Decorate with anything you like however you like! Slightly warm up your biscoff spread if you are drizzling on top.
- I use these heat proof spatulas*- High-Heat Silicone Spatula
- I use these food scales *- Salter Digital Scales
- Stainless steel prep bowls*- Steel Mixing Bowls
- This is the 9inch tin I used*- Deep Cake Tin
If you make this cake recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram! #Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes (PS. If you are on private I will not see so send me on some snaps <3 )