Hey guys! My first Christmas recipe post!! Of course it had to be a cookie recipe its my favourite thing to bake! I love gingerbread/gingerbread men so when this idea popped into my mind I couldn’t wait to try it out.
These cookies are gooey, crispy, creamy and crunchy! Packed with chocolate chips and Biscoff spread. The absolute perfect combination. These cookies are packed with flavour and spices, you’ll want to bake these again and again over Christmas.
I get my Biscoff spread in Deals or I get the Aldi version. They both work so good! Feel free to use white chocolate chips in this recipe. If you don’t want to stuff the cookies you don’t have to, or you could even stuff these with Nutella. They would be so good whatever way you want to make them.
I chilled my cookie balls in the freezer for 1 hour beforehand to keep them from spreading too much and to keep some height on them. What’s handy about these cookies is that you can keep them in your freezer in an airtight container and bake them as you want them. These cookies are delicious warm so the following day you can warm them up for about 10-30 seconds in the microwave or place them in the oven for about 5 minutes.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3
Biscoff Stuffed Gingerbread Cookies
Prep time: 25 Minutes
Chill time: 1 hour
Cook time: 15 Minutes
Servings: 6 (BIG)
- 110g Butter (Room temp)
- 160g Light brown sugar
- 1 Egg – Large
- 250g Plain flour
- 2 Tablespoons Ginger (Ground)
- 1+1/2 Teaspoons Cinnamon (Ground)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg (Ground)
- 2 Tablespoons cornflour
- 2 Tablespoons Black treacle
- 1/2 Teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 150g Dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 6 Teaspoons Biscoff (Plus extra for decoration-optional)
- 6 Mini gingerbread men (Optional)
- Place 6 teaspoons of Biscoff spread on parchment paper into the freezer 1 hour before baking.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla, treacle and egg and combine.
- Sieve in flour, spices, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, corn flour and salt.
- Add in your chocolate chips.
- Fold until you have a firm dough.
- Portion up 6 even cookie dough balls. Mine were about 125g each.
- Add a frozen teaspoon of biscoff spread in the centre of each dough ball.
- Mould cookie dough into balls and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 200C/ 180C Fan 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake 2 or 3 at a time as they are verrrrry big!
- Bake for 15 minutes. This will give you a gooey and delicious cookie.
- One removed from the oven you can gently tap the cookie tray to flatten out a little.
- Once baked leave to cool for about 15/20 minutes.
- Drizzle with more biscoff and decorate with mini gingerbread men.
- Take a snap/video of your gooey cookies and send them onto me @gills_bakesandcakes.
- ENJOY!! <3
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes