Hey guys! Another simple but delicious cookie bar recipe for you all today! This one sooo tasty and easy to make, perfect for any occasion. It doesn’t have to be your birthday right?!
Theses cookie are packed with sprinkles and white chocolate chips! Feel free to play around with this recipe too guys. If you just want white chocolate cookie bars simply leave out the sprinkles. Or, play around with the chocolate chips. I will admit this recipe is so so good the way it is but have some fun and play around with different ideas.
You need to use an 8×8 square tin for this recipe. If you are using a much bigger baking tray you will want to make a bigger batch of the recipe. Just multiply the ingredients. Or you can reduce your cooking time. They key to these cookie bars is to have them slightly gooey. It makes them so delicious.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3
Birthday Cake Cookie Bars
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 115g Butter
- 100g Light brown sugar
- 60g Caster sugar
- 1 Egg– Large
- 260g Plain flour
- 1 & 1/2 Tablespoons cornflour
- 1/2 a Teaspoon Bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 a Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 a Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 100g Sprinkles
- 200g White chocolate chips
- Decoration (Optional)
- 100g Butter
- 200g Icing sugar
- 1-2 Teaspoons milk (If needed)
- 1 Tablespoon sprinkles
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 30g White chocolate (melted)
- Preheat your oven to 190C/ 170C. Grease and line a 8×8 square tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and egg and combine.
- Sieve in flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda. corn flour and salt.
- Fold in dry ingredients, white chocolate and sprinkles very lightly until you have a firm dough.
- Place the mixture into your lined dish and flatten down.
- Bake for 19-21 minutes. Mine was perfect and slightly gooey at 20 minutes. (If you are using a bigger baking tray reduce your cooking time)
- Leave to cool completely.
- Cut up into 9 portions.
- Buttercream topping- In a mixing bowl, with an electric hand whisk, whisk the butter till light and fluffy.
- Whisk in your icing sugar in two batches.
- Whisk in your vanilla and you milk to thin out if needed.
- Fold in your sprinkles gently then pipe on buttercream to each cookie bar. Top with some extra sprinkles and drizzled with chocolate
If you make this recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram!#gills_bakesandcakes @gills_bakesandcakes