Hello everyone! A delicious dinner recipe for you today! Beijing Beef. A crispy coated beef cooked in a sweet Asian sauce. A simple dish to put together for the ultimate fakeaway.
I have cooked my beef in the air fryer to get some nice coating which helps the sauce coat super well. The beef can easily be baked or pan fried instead. A totally optional step I did was add about 1-2 tsp of MSG into my sauce. I know its not easily available in your local supermarkets but all Asian supermarkets will have it. This helps give that extra Unami taste to your dish. Like I said though completely optional.
Any meats or veggies can be used in this dish top! Its all up to you on what you love! I served mine with rice but this dish with also be lovely with some noodles.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Beijing Beef!
- Air fryer
- Frying pan
- Chopping board
- Weighing scales
- Approx. 450 grams Steak Cut into strips
- 40 grams Cornflour
- 20 grams Baking soda
- 3 tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Sweet Chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp Rice wine vinegar or any vinegar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 3 tbsp Ketchup
- 100 ml Water
- 1 tbsp Cornflour
- 2 White Onion
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Red Chilli
- 3 cloves Garlic
- Prep all of your ingredients before cooking as this is a fast dish.
- In a large bowl, add all your beef ingredients and mix. Place in an air fryer and cook until crispy.
- While your beef is cooking fry all your veggies in a pan for about 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add all of your sauce ingredients and mix until all combined and smooth.
- Pour this sauce into your frying pan and cook until thickened.
- Once your beef is cooked place it into your frying pan and coat in all the sauce and veggies.
- Serve with some rice or noodles and enjoy!