Hello everyone! Apple Crumble Shortbread Bars for you today. A buttery shortbread base topped with sweet spiced apples and an oat crumble topping. Perfectly buttery, sweet and spiced.
I have added a touch of cinnamon to the mixes but if its not your cup of tea you can leave it out. Make sure you let these bars cool 100% before cutting into them, this will give you a nice and clean cut. Serve warm with some caramel or ice cream for a delicious dessert or simple serve at room temperature.
If you have any questions Dm me on Instagram. Happy Baking! <3 Keep an eye out on my Instagram for a Reel of me making this Apple Crumble Shortbread Bars !
Apple Crumble Shortbread Bars
- Baking paper
- 8×8 Tin
- 125 grams Salted Butter
- 65 grams Caster Sugar
- 165 grams Plain Flour
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 4 Granny Smiths
- 3 tbsp Cornflour
- 45 grams Light Brown Sugar
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 80 grams Oats
- 60 grams Plain Flour
- 85 grams Light Brown Sugar
- 100 grams Salted butter Cold & Cubed
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C Fan. Grease and line your 8×8 Square tray.
- In a medium bowl, cream your butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Mix in your flour and cinnamon until you have a firm dough.
- Place your mix in your tin. Flatten down the shortbread till very smooth and even then bake for 15-18 mins until golden brown and leave to cool.
- Peel and core your apples then slice into thin slices.
- Place into a bowl with your cornflour, sugar and cinnamon and toss till all coated.
- Layer onto your baked shortbread making sure its all flat and compact. Set aside till we make our topping.
- In a bowl add your oats, flour, sugar and cinnamon. Add in your cubed butter and rub between your fingers until it resembles chunky breadcrumbs.
- Scatter mix on top of your apple.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until golden brown on top.
- Leave to cool completely then portion up into how many slices you like.
- Enjoy! I toped mine with top caramel when serving! Some ice cream would be delicious too!
- These will last for 4+ days in an airtight container at room temperature.
- Best eaten on day 1 & 2.
- Please let your bars cool completely before cutting, this will give you a sharp cut.
- I use a warm sharp knife to cut my bakes.
- If you do not like cinnamon you can omit it.
- Lovely served warm with some ice-cream and caramel sauce.
If you make this cake recipe I would love for you to tag me on Instagram! #Gills_bakesandcakes @Gills_bakesandcakes (PS. If you are on private I will not see so send me on some snaps <3 )